Green Steps is a program of the Monash Sustainability Institute providing practical, action based training on sustainability. They have two main training programs Green Steps (students) and Green Steps @ Work.
Green Steps (students) is coming to Newcastle Uni in April/May 2011. The program involves 30 hours of workshops (over two weekends) and an internerships/work placement. The training includes
- Environmental issues and responses: such as waste, energy and water, and an understanding of organisational responses to environmental issues.
- Environmental auditing: an introduction to waste, energy, water auditing, and conducting staff interviews and surveys.
- Project planning and management: action plan design, problem map creation and creative solution development.
- Communication for change: effective communication to foster change within organisations, including professional presentation and report-writing, compiling promotional materials, constructing coherent arguments and negotiation skills.
- Behavioural change management: understanding the role of the change agent, personal and organisational drivers, behavioural change theory and practice.
Green Steps @ Work will be in Sydney in July and covers similar ground to the students program but includes a workbased project rather than an internship.
The students program is very popular and applications close in March. The work program costs $1,800 + GST although independently-funded and not-for-profit organisation rates can be negotiated.