I have just completed a newsletter for Transition Newcastle. There’s a lot going on and there are plenty of ways of becoming involved.
- Come along to our film night (the Economics of Happiness) on Tuesday 23 August at Hamilton Baptist Church
- Come along to, or help with, Sustainable House Day (Sunday 11 September)
- Join in the Hunter Valley Climate Challenge (organised by the Nature Conservation Council of NSW Nature Conservation Council of NSW and Companion Credit Union)
- Help develop the Transition Streets Challenge
- Offer to provide a workshop, stall or entertainment at the Fair Share Festival (9-11 March 2012), or help in some other way
- Support Nourishing Newcastle
- Help Transition Newcastle with photography or graphic design
- Assist in some research from Monash University into the Transition Movement
- Read Transition Newcastle’s response to the draft City of Newcastle Carbon and Water Management Action Plan.
- Keep up to date with what’s on by checking out our Eco Local Calendar (e.g., Making Change, Seeing the Change and the Activate Expo) or joining us on FaceBook.
It feels like quite a few things are taking off. You can read the full newsletter here.