The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change recently reported its fifth synthesis (or summary) report. Grist has provided a useful list of The 10 things you need to know from the new IPCC climate report. The 10 things are:
- We humans really, truly are responsible for climate change
- Climate change is already happening
- … and it is going to get far worse
- Much of recent warming has been in the ocean
- The ocean is also becoming more acidic
- Climate change will hit developing nations particularly hard, but we are all vulnerable.
- Plants and animals are even more vulnerable than we are
- We must switch mostly to renewables by 2050, and phase out fossil fuels by 2100
- We already have the answers we need to tackle climate change
- This dire report is decidedly conservative
The science could not be clearer about the need to act. To borrow from Mahatma Gandhi, it is time for us all to be the change we need to see in the world.
If you liked this post you might want to follow my blog (top right-hand corner of the blog), and you might like to look at: