AGL, an Australian gas and electricity company, recently announced that it was abandoning a controversial coal seam project in Gloucester (just north of Newcastle). The Gloucester Gas Project had plans for over 300 gas wells and was facing fierce opposition. This video by Lock the Gate, one of the groups highlighting the dangers of Coal Seam Gas projects, celebrates some of the victories from 2015 – before the announcement that AGL was not proceeding with their project.
Congratulations to all involved!
If you liked this post please follow my blog (top right-hand corner of the blog), and you might like to look at:
- Blue Men: Message to Humanity
- Consumption and the Transition movement
- 10 ways to reduce your consumption
- Our addiction to growth
- Climate change, health and children
- Special days and dates for the environment – 2016