These slides are a presentation Gener Lapina and I did at the Rethinking Peace, Conflict and Governance conference in Paramatta (12-14 February 2020). It was part of a session called “Alternatives to Violence, Psychosocial Transformation and Peacebuilding.”
Some of the slides might not make a lot of sense without the narration, but we wrote a more detailed paper a little while ago which went into greater detail about the issues raised in this presentation. The paper, The Alternatives to Violence Project: Reflections on a strengths-based approach to nonviolent relationships and conflict resolution, is available here.
If you liked this post please follow my blog, and you might like to look at:
- What are Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) workshops?
- The Alternatives to Violence Project: Reflections on a strengths-based approach to nonviolent relationships and conflict resolution
- Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP), social capital & people from refugee backgrounds
- An interactive exercise exploring parenting styles
- What are authoritarian, permissive, uninvolved and authoritative parenting styles?
- Power and strengths-based practice
If you find any problems with the blog, (e.g., broken links or typos) I’d love to hear about them. You can either add a comment below or contact me via the Contact page.