It’s been over four years since I posted a song for Sunday so one is well over due. I’m in the process of updating a couple of online courses I teach and I’m wanting to have a greater focus on working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and communities. While looking for useful material, I came across this song from 2019: Heal Together with Christine Anu, Philly, Mindy Kwanten and Radical Son.
Written by Christine Anu and Max Lambert for the Healing Foundation, Heal Together emphasises the importance of healing from past, and current, traumas in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. But this relies on telling the truth about Australia’s history.
If you liked this post please follow my blog, and you might like to look at:
- Previous songs for Sunday
- Song for Sunday – Treaty by Yothu Yindi
- Song for Sunday – This Machine
- Song for Sunday – Luka by Suzanne Vega
- Engaging Aboriginal fathers
- Navigating dilemmas of community development: Practitioner reflections on working with Aboriginal communities
If you find any problems with the blog, (e.g., broken links or typos) I’d love to hear about them. You can either add a comment below or contact me via the Contact page.