Each year I provide an overview of my blog statistics in case they are helpful or of interest to anybody else. I know when I started I had no idea what to expect in terms of number of views, so I try to be open about what is happening with my blog. As you can see from the graph above, it was a few years before I built up any real audience.
I still don’t devote as much time to the blog as I could. Last year I blogged 26 times (Here’s a list of posts for the year and the number of views they received.)
I don’t make any money from the blog, and don’t want to. The following stats are based on those available through a free WordPress blog (with the “no ads” upgrade).
Key statistics for 2020
- Total views in 2020—400,492 (347,260 in 2019)
- Total views for the life of the blog to the end of 2020—1,697,196
- Average of 1094 views/day in 2020 (951 in 2019)
- Total visitors in 2020—271,703 (219,692 in 2019)
- Total likes in 2020—74 (84 in 2019)
- Total comments in 2020—106 (106 in 2019 also)
- Total shares in 2020—9,664 (861 in 2019)
- Total followers of blog—1310 (1178 at end of 2019)
- Total Twitter followers—620 (611 at end of 2019)
- Total Blog Facebook page followers—544 (516 at end of 2019)
As you can see, I don’t have lots of followers so most of my views come from internet searches.
Top posts for 2020
The following are the top posts for 2020. Because most of my views come from internet searches, most of them were written a few years ago.
- It’s simple maths, not a once in a 1000 year phenomenon (64,278 views, written in 2017)
- 4 types of power: What are power over; power with; power to and power within? (31,704 views, written in 2019)
- Types of community engagement (21,212 views, written in 2012)
- What is asset-based community development (ABCD)? (21,086 views, written in 2013)
- Seven principles for a strengths-based approach to working with groups (17,649 views, written in 2016)
- What is the Spectrum of Public Participation? (15,270 views, written in 2017)
- What is the Strengths Perspective? (17,300 views, written in 2012)
- What are social models of health? (14,030 views, written in 2015)
- What is community capacity building? (12,744 views, written in 2014)
- What are complex problems? (10,642 views, written in 2014)
My top post continues to be a post I wrote thinking it wouldn’t be very popular, but it shows the power of social media. It discusses a silly post on Facebook that keeps circulating and so it is the post that is most frequently shared and and viewed.
I’m really happy to share any information about the blog, so if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
If you liked this post please follow my blog, and you might like to look at:
- Blogging as an academic
- The struggle of trying to write
- 7 principles guiding my work
- About me
- Blog statistics for 2019 (Transparency report)
- Blog statistics for 2018 (Transparency report)
If you find any problems with the blog, (e.g., broken links or typos) I’d love to hear about them. You can either add a comment below or contact me via the Contact page.