Today is quite a big milestone for my blog: I passed 2,000,000 views! That is quite a lot (although it has taken over 10 years to get there). Thanks to everyone who has read my blog or commented on it.
I sometimes think the world really doesn’t need to hear from another middle-aged (I wonder when I stop being middle aged?), straight, white, middle-class, male. But I think the blog has some use and I hope people find it useful.
Most of the visitors to the site (over two thirds) come via search engines rather than followers. The top ten posts are:
- What is the Strengths Perspective? (198,029 views, published in 2012)
- It’s simple maths, not a once in a 1000 year phenomenon (146,014 views, published in 2017)
- What is asset-based community development (ABCD)? (122,704 views, published in 2013)
- Types of community engagement (111,240 views, published in 2012)
- What are social models of health? (84,774 views, published in 2015)
- 4 types of power: What are power over; power with; power to and power within? (78,920 views, published in 2019)
- What is community capacity building? (70,853 views, published in 2014)
- What is the Spectrum of Public Participation? (70,095 views, published in 2017)
- Seven principles for a strengths-based approach to working with groups (60,241 views, published in 2016)
- 10 things I’ve learnt about strengths-based community engagement (38,666 views, published in 2013)
Now with my changes at work, I will be writing more about Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) but I will also be doing some other posts.
Thanks again and I always welcome feedback or comments (particularly when there are mistakes or ways to improve it).
If you liked this post please follow my blog, and you might like to look at:
- My last day at the Family Action Centre
- Blogging as an academic
- 7 principles guiding my work
- What are Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) workshops?
- Don’t call me doctor!
- Name.Narrate.Navigate: a program for young people who use violence in their families
If you find any problems with the blog, (e.g., broken links or typos) I’d love to hear about them. You can either add a comment below or contact me via the Contact page.
Ravi de lire vos initiatives et mes sincères félicitations vous sont adressées Graem pour avoir atteint 2000 000 de vues c’est un grand honneur pour vous mais aussi pour la communauté AVP. et j’espère que vous continuez votre engagement pour servir aux communautés du monde.