This is a short video with Jim Diers (from Neighbor Power) in which he outlines seven principles of asset-based community-driven development (ABCD).
The seven principles are:
- Have Fun
- Start where people are…
- But don’t leave them there (Strive for results)
- Don’t sit on your assets (Gifts of the Head, heart and hands)
- Lead by stepping back
- Celebrate success and recognise caring neighbours
- Share stories
If you liked this post you might want to follow my blog (top right-hand corner of the blog), and you might like to look at:
- What is asset-based community-driven development (ABCD)?
- Angela Blanchard – Building on the strengths of communities
- What is Kids’ Vegies on the Verge?
- Ernesto Sirolli: Want to help someone? Shut up and listen!
- What is Appreciative Inquiry?